This Policy explains what personal information Pop Up Projects CIC (“Pop Up”) collects online and how we use it. Please read it carefully.
Generally, we collect information about you if you sign on in our website and when you use our websites. We use that information for marketing and support to you.
By using our Sites you consent to the terms and conditions of this Policy and to Pop Up processing and storing personal information for the purposes stated below. If you do not agree to the terms and conditions of this Policy please do not use the Sites.
Pop Up is a data controller (i.e. a person responsible for the processing of your personal information) in respect of all of the information which Pop Up collects and receives about you when sign on using our website.
Pop Up is bound by, and uses your personal information in accordance with the Data Protection Act 1998.
(1) How we collect your information
We collect your information directly from you through our website, i.e. the newsletter sign-up and the “let us know you’re coming to the festival” form.
(2) Information we may hold about you and uses of your information
Pop Up collects two types of information from you: (i) personal information, and (ii) non-personal information:
(i) Personal information is information that identifies you or can be used to identify you personally such as your name or your email address.
(ii) Non-personal information is information that does not identify you or can’t be used to identify you personally.
We use the following information for the purposes described in this Policy:
- Your name and email address to provide you information about the festivals you intend to attend and sending you our newsletter when you have previously given your consent. For example, we might use your information to confirm your registration for a festival or to send you communications in connection with the festivals you attend.
- Pop Up may use your non-personal information, such as aggregated age, region where you live and number of people who come with you to the festivals (without the inclusion of your name or any other personal information) to disclose to organizations approved by Pop Up for analysis purposes.
(3) You have certain choices about how we use your information
If you wish to withdraw any consent you have provided to us for such use of your personal information, please write to us at email@example.com.
In addition to writing to us, you can opt out in the following ways:
You can opt out of receiving our newsletters. To stop receiving our newsletters click on the “unsubscribe” link at the end of each newsletter or write to firstname.lastname@example.org.
(4) We may share your information with the following third parties
We may share your non-personal information (see 2 (ii) above) with the following third parties and for the following purposes:
- Reporting to funders (e.g. Arts Council England).
- Reporting to (event) partners (e.g. ROH Bridge).
- Reporting about past activities in our publicly available company reports.
Pop Up does not transfer your information to other countries.
(5) We use standard security measures
We have security measures in place to protect your information. The standard security measures we use will depend on the type of information collected. However, the Internet is not 100% secure. We cannot promise that your use of our sites will be completely safe. We encourage you to use caution when using the Internet. This includes not sharing your passwords.
(6) We may link to third party sites or services we don’t control
Feel free to contact us if you have any questions, complaints or require a copy of information we hold about you
If you have any questions or complaints about this Policy or any privacy concerns, or would like to request copies of the information we hold about you, please contact email@example.com. Please do not include your credit card number or other financial or sensitive information in your email.
To correct, amend or update information you have given us, or in order to withdraw a consent you have given us, write to firstname.lastname@example.org.
(7) Children under the age of 13
Pop-Up does not knowingly collect or solicit personal information from anyone under the age of 13. If you are under 13 please do not attempt to register on the Site or provide Pop Up any personal information.
If you are at least 13 but under the age of 18, you must have your parent or legal guardian’s permission to use or access the Site.
If we learn that a child under 13 has provided us with personal information, we will use commercially reasonable efforts to delete such personal information as soon as possible.
(8) What we will do if there is an update to this policy
From time to time we may change our privacy practices. We will notify you of any changes to this Policy as required by law. We will also post an updated copy on our website. It will have a different date and version number from the one set out below. Please check our site periodically for updates.
(9) Who we are
We are Pop Up Projects CIC, a company limited by guarantee. Our mailing address is:
You can find out more about us here: http://pop-up.org.uk/projects-cic/.
Date: 15 May 2015